Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

dearly loved

this month's scripture memory from my kids' school is so beautiful
and very meaningful to me right now, especially with the holidays approaching.
 
we all will soon be spending lots of time with family that we love and adore, but
don't necessarily always see eye-to-eye. (like all healthy families, right?)
 
it is amazing how the peace of god can melt away all our anxiety and hurt feelings
toward one another and somehow have a new found appreciation for them at the same time.
of course, this works for anyone and everyone in our lives not just family, but
these are the scriptures i will be feeding my spirit this thanksgiving and christmas.


colossians 3:12-15,17

therefore, as god's chosen people, holy and dearly loved,
clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness,
humility, gentleness, and patience.

bear with each other and forgive whatever
grievances you have against one another.
forgive as the lord forgave you.

and over all these virtues put on love,
which binds them all together in perfect unity.

let the peace of christ rule in your hearts,
since as members of one body you were called to peace.
and be thankful.
 
and whatever you do, whether in word or deed,
do it all in the name of the lord jesus,
giving thanks to god the father through him.


i have decided that this will be my last year blogging.
i have enjoyed it for the past 3 years, but i feel the need to move on
and devote my time to other things i feel god has put on my heart.
i will share more about that later one.
until then, i'm practicing putting on love :)

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I will miss your blog posts! You have to approve me on your Instagram so I can still keep up with your family updates on there and FB!

    ReplyDelete