Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

thankful thursdays

i am thankful for...

my porch!

you might hear me say it a lot...but my favorite spot at our house is our front porch.

i love reading magazines and books on my porch swing...

i love visiting with my husband late at night in our rocking chairs...

i love looking at the little plants that is live in sentimental pots that were given to me from people i love...

i love how my tall bushes (that i transplanted the first year & managed to keep alive) create the feeling of a privacy wall...

i love watching my kids use the rock border as a balance beam and the sidewalk as a race track...

i love having a flag blowing out front representing the great country we live in...
i love sitting out there and having complete silence to relax and listen to God speak to my heart...

we have had breakfast out there, we have spent lazy days of reading out there, and we have even turned it into a hang-out place for us during July 4th which was the perfect spot to watch the city fireworks sparkle...

i am so thankful for my porch!

1 comment:

  1. Great pics, I love your front porch! We have two rocking chairs on ours too - I'd like to spend more time out there for some of the same reasons as you.

    ReplyDelete