Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

diary of a whimpy mom...

i think i have completely lost my edge...

when i was younger there was no ride too extreme, too high, or too scary for me.

i loved facing my fear head on with my hands straight up in the air!

but, something happened soon after having kids...i lacked the desire to take risks.

i began to realize that no ride seemed worth it - plus...it just wasn't fun anymore...it hurts and i bruise like a banana (honestly, i think i always have...i should probably up my iron intake!)

i used to picture myself as a fierce tigress ready to pounce on the opportunity for adventure...

but lately, i see myself as a grumpy old house cat that only likes to bathe, lay in the sun, and take naps.

during our recent vacation this became even more clear to me when i returned home with a sore throat from screaming way too loud on a family ride...it surprised me that no one else was as terrified as i was.

i guess a lot of things change as we get older (and wiser)...

but mostly, i think my kids have turned me into mush and i have become that woman who sits with everyone else's stuff while all the cool kids go ride the exciting rides...and somehow i have never felt more content :)

i guess i'll just stick to what i have become now most famous for in my family...cuddling!
oddly enough, my soft body provides great cushion for those who want to lay on me. i've become soft inside and out...those darn kids...but i love them and wouldn't have it any other way...well, a little muscle wouldn't hurt :)

this is our 10-year-old cat named cheeto. he is a maincoon which means he is naturally big but normal for his breed and he is also very playful like a dog. (they call them the gentle giants) his face is yellow because he got a little too curious checking out some flowers i had out in a vase...he had pollen telling on him. this was taken sometime last year.


No comments:

Post a Comment