Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

thanksgiving eve bloopers

this morning, i gaze out my kitchen window and begin to soak in the beauty of the day when -

...i happened to notice this!!!
i think our tomato plant exploded in the herb garden!
it looks terrible and my husband keeps trying to reposition it, but it obviously has a mind of it's own. 
he wants to pull it out, but it is covered in tomatoes!!!
(i will be picking them today)


then, i start to make my pie for thanksgiving and i am just loving the morning.
i'm feeling so thankful to have the day off to bake, do laundry, and pack when...

 

my pie nearly falls on the floor as i take it out of the oven to place it on the cooling rack.
my adrenaline kicked in and saved the pie. i was willing to grab the hot glass if need be.
so, my pie is a little funny looking from the trauma, but it is all in one piece!
(i will post this recipe later - it's awesome)


i made the chex mix last night, but didn't buy enough cereal for both batches, so i raided the pantry 
and used up the rest of the kid's cereal to have just enough for the puppy chow. 
they were a little surprised and annoyed with me this morning when they found no more cereal left.
i'm sure they will forgive me in the car while they are eating this deliciousness.
(this was my first time making them both...really yummy. found recipes online)


today was a clear reminder for me to be thankful even in the small things.

i'm thankful for ugly tomato plants that actually produce, 
pies that don't end up on the floor, 
and that golden grahams and crispix taste good with powdered sugar on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment