Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

summer at my parent's

two weeks ago we went to visit my parents.

(off of my parent's pier looking down the canal)
they live 15 minutes from galveston beach.

now, i realize that galveston gets a bad rap, but i grew up going there as
a child and my children think it is a very beautiful place :)
we also like it because it is, as mentioned before, 15 minutes from my parent's home and
we use their house like a hotel...but with free food and board :)

for us, that is a great deal because you can't imagine how much
my two dainty girls can eat these days!!! it would amaze you!!!
*
we planned the whole weekend well in advance,
but didn't plan on the weather being so temperamental.
 we still got to do plenty and had a great time together as well as
visiting with my parents and grandmommy, who lives with them as well :)

chad and i left sunday afternoon, but left the girls to enjoy a full 
week with their nana, poppy, great grandmommy, and hope (their dog).
 

watching a movie with their cousin chloe in their handmade fort

technology helps fill the gap while they were far away

ready for water sports

cari

cami

when we finally got them back, they had grown a 1/4 of an inch,
which can only mean my mom fed them pretty well.

later that night i had forgotten how loud my two children are.
i felt like the paparazzi were yelling at me...
"mom....mom....look here...mom...hey...mom!"
chad and i just smiled at each other and realized how 
great it was to have them back.

my mom, on the other hand, was sending me texts describing 
how they hated how quiet their home was now that the girls were gone.
they were missing them pretty bad.
*




1 comment:

  1. How special that your daughters get to spend that time with their grandparents. Hopefully soon enough I will be shipping my kiddos off to CA for a couple of weeks to spend with their grandkids - maybe next summer my mom can fly out (she flies for free) and get them to fly out there. We'll see.

    I've heard all the bad rap on Galveston beach, I think since the water is not as clear due to the river pouring out there it gets a bad rap. But it's still a beach to have fun at and play at! :) And it looks like your parents have a nice home on the canal with fun water toys.

    Love the girls ruffled bathing suits. :)

    ReplyDelete