Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Week 8 - Beautiful You

My husband and I were chit-chatting one evening in the kitchen, when he stopped me and told me, “Gosh, you are so beautiful right now. You remind me of when we were dating.” It was the end of a long day and I didn’t try very hard to look nice…well I didn’t try at all actually. He certainly caught me at an ugly moment and totally made my day!


Everyone should hear they are beautiful especially on the days we are not trying to be. The Bible says we are made in God’s image. There is nothing more beautiful or lovelier than God! There is no make-up, no hair cut, or no outfit that could compare to the beauty that is within! God made you . . . in His wonderful image! It is neat to think that God didn’t have a reflection until he made us!


God spoke: “Let us make human beings in our image, make them reflecting our nature. . .” Genesis 1: 27 (The Message)

Chad surprised me with these lilies the day after Valentines. They were merely buds at the time and we enjoyed watching them open up a little bit more each day.

2 comments:

  1. I agree...every woman should hear that they are beautiful. But what if nobody ever tells you that you are? I havnt heard that in so long. Its probably been a year or two :( So you start believing that your not. I love & miss you girl. And i love reading these every day.....Love, Carmen

    ReplyDelete