Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

November 12

Be yourself in worship
John 4:23-24
"It's who you are and the way you live that count before God. Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth. That's the kind of people the Father is out looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before him in their worship. God is sheer being itself—Spirit. Those who worship him must do it out of their very being, their spirits, their true selves, in adoration."


On our way to school every morning, we listen to Christian music on the radio. As I was making our one last turn towards the school, I happened to notice my little first grader singing with her eyes closed. At first I thought something might be wrong, but I realized that she was worshiping God with her eyes closed. There is nothing more precious to a momma than seeing her daughter worshiping God all on her own...not even in church...just because she wants to!!!

Remember to spend time with God. We can't use the excuse that we are too busy, because if my first grader can do it all her way to school, then we can find a moment to worship God on our own as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment