Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

discovery camp...25 years later

when i was a little girl (around 7 years old) i went to discovery camp for the very first time.
it was a brand new camp and i remember swimming in the swimming pool, painting rocks, and being completely moved by the church services. i would then return nearly every year, even in my teen years.


now, nearly 25 years later, my very own daughters have attended the camp. they have swam in the same pool as mom and attended the same moving services. 

chad, my husband, also attended the same summer camp as a kid and i can't help but wonder if we ever attended at the same time as young children. 
actually, the first time i really met chad was at discovery camp when we were both 12 years old. 20 years later, we volunteered to go as helpers from our church and took our own kids.
i think this could very well be my last time to attend discovery camp, but certainly not my two girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment