Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

33 and counting

this past weekend i celebrated my 33rd birthday.

at this point in my life, birthdays seem a little pointless.
i woke up not expecting any excitement, but was pleasantly surprised.
friday, i woke up to the sound of paper being shuffled.
just as i was getting the sleep out of my eyes and telling whoever that was to stop,
i realized that it was my youngest daughter taping a birthday banner
to my bed as a surprise for me. she, of course, made it herself :)
notice the t and h are backwards :) i love her!!! i know she picked blue because she thinks it's my favorite color.

just then, my husband walked in with breakfast and coffee.
 he usually leaves while it's still dark pitch dark outside, so i was really surprised to see him.
my other daughter said she made me a card at school and hid it so i wouldn't find it, 
but a little too well in fact because it took her an hour to finally discover it herself :)

i am always going out of my way to make everyone else in our family feel special
on their birthday, but this time they showered me with their love and thoughtfulness
turning my boring 33rd birthday into something very special.

my brother-in-law upgraded his camera recently, which meant a great surprise for me! chad purchased his older one earlier in august for my birthday and i finally got my first dslr camera that i have been wanting for so long. this would be a second hand-me-down from them. we are driving their old suv and love it. they have nice things and we aren't too proud to keep it in the family...ha, ha. seriously, they are a great blessing to us :)

*

the next day, my husband and i went shopping and hung out.
i walked into tiffany's for the first time, tried sushi (and loved it), 
spent time in anthropology (my favorite store ever), 
and finally purchased curtains for our home. 
it was a busy and great day.
 we both had lunch at kona grill at the domain in austin. i ordered the califoria roll  with crab and swapped out the guacamole for cream cheese. i love the different flavors in sushi and will hopefully have it again soon. the waiter also brought out a giant red velvet cupcake for my birthday. it was deli-sh!
 *

birthdays are certainly a great time for reflecting back on our lives.
i have so much to be thankful for and so much more to look forward to.
i have many thoughts rolling around in my head and many things
i know it's time for me to venture out and do. 
with 33 years behind me, i realize that my once future is now turning into 
my present and i don't want to remain idle too much longer.



No comments:

Post a Comment