Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

my first time

my first time voting was done in this building...

Ottine, Texas post office, 1999

i was registered in ottine, tx at the time.
my parents lived in the country and this was our post office.
the building was built in the late 1800's and yes, this is where we got our mail.

a couple of old ladies had set up a voting area inside and my
mom met me there. i think i was the very last one to vote for the day.
(i think i might have used a pencil, but i can't be sure)
once i cast my vote, the ladies, along with my mom, clapped and cheered for me.
i thought it was a little corny at the time, 
but it ended up being a very sweet memory for me later on in life.

today, i am early voting at the hospital where i work.
i know i will wait in line, cast my vote electronically and
hear no cheers from the workers or my mom, but i might get a sticker :)

happy voting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment