Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Week 3 - "PAUSE!"

This evening I was sitting outside on our back porch watching my children jump on their trampoline. They were bouncing, twisting, and occasionally being knocked down. Whenever they needed the movement to stop, they would each yell out, “Pause!” The other one, out of courtesy, would be still until the other one was ready. It was such a helpful system that they put in place.





I could not help but think about the precious people in Haiti with their world turned upside down. They too were getting knocked down, thrown, and finding themselves in trouble, to say the least. Yet, reports of Haitians praising God took people by surprise. They too were hitting the “pause button” in a sense. They were seeking out peace during all the chaos.


We should take the time to pause and seek God every day, as often as we need Him.



Psalm 70:4 -5
Let all those who seek You rejoice and be glad in You;
And let those who love Your salvation say continually,
“Let God be magnified!”
But I am poor and needy;
Make haste to me, O God! You are my help and my deliverer;
O LORD, do not delay.

Even when we are panic-stricken, we cannot forget to praise our Lord. He is our only source of strength, help, and deliverance.

1 comment: