Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Week 1 - "Twenty Ten?"

If you are like me and imagined as a kid what the far future in 2010 would look like, you would have pictured it much like the Jetsons that we watched on TV. Where are the flying cars and robot maids? Well, I guess the closest thing to that would be the Wii. Those things are fun, but not that much has really changed.



Yes, everyone has a tiny cell phone and personal computer, but other than sounding futuristic as Conan does during his "In the year 2000" bit, the year twenty ten is just like any other year in that we all get another opportunity for a fresh start!



We get to take the time to set goals and make lists. We start out looking at the year head on and truly believing that this year will be the year. We will see our dreams come true. We will actually make a difference in the world. We will be heard. We will show love. We will be disciplined! WE WILL!

 
Ecclesiastes 11:6

In the morning sow your seed,

And in the evening do not withhold your hand;

For you do not know which will prosper

Either this or that,

Or whether both alike will be good.

I love this scripture because it tells me I should do my best and not worry about failing.



 Make your lists! Set your goals. Then, go out and do them. Don't worry about failing right now. Do your best and don't hold back because you just might see the victory that you have been wanting and waiting for. Make everyday count and then feel good about it. Let God be in control and hold in his hand our success or failures.


My personal goals for 2010:

10. To keep up with this blog. (It helps to keep me grounded and mindful on God’s Word.)


9. Brush my teeth for the whole 2 minutes. (My friend Erin would be proud.)


8. Read for fun! (After being in school for 18 months learning medical jargon...I will appreciate this!)


7. Work hard every day.


6. Be thankful for the things I have and not spend so much time, money, and effort on hunting down things I could want.


5. Make new friends and cherish the ones I have made so far.


4. Eat well (be hungry), lose fat (sweat a lot), and gain muscle (hurt myself).


3. To be a good role model for my girls everyday because I know they are watching! (I love them so!)


2. For Chad and I to celebrate our 10 year anniversary all year long, not just on March 18th!



1. ENJOY LIFE because God gave it to me to enjoy! (Thanks Pastor Brandon for the great messages encouraging us to do just that!)



What are your "10" things for 2010? Please share them because I am curious to know!!!


1 comment:

  1. I love your goals and can identify with them. You have been an inspiration to me and I am thankful for a friend that helps in enjoying life!

    ReplyDelete