Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Week 4 - Word

http://myoneword.org/choose/

I thought this was an interesting concept so I decided to share this for this week.

strong


This word totally describes what I want to accomplish this year. I actually enjoy resolutions and look forward to the fresh start each year, but I also understand that most people don't follow through with them. I am a planner and like and need goals to reach for. Having said that, I started thinking about what my goals were for the year in conjunction with my one word, and it came to me pretty simply without much thought.

I have never pictured myself as being strong. Just looking down at my arms alone right now makes me giggle to call myself strong, but I am 30 this year and think it is finally time to be a strong woman in every area of my life.

I want to be strong.
I want to be strong in my body.
I want to be strong in my relationship with the Lord.
I want to love strong.
I want to live strong.
I want to have a strong marriage.
I want to have a strong relationship with my two children.
I want to be a strong role model for them as well.
I want to have a strong sense of self-worth.
I want to have a strong sense of peace even in unpeaceful situations.
I want to continue to build strong friendships.
I want to have a strong understanding of our finances.
I want to be a strong positive influence for my generation.
I want to be strong in patience and compassion.

Our family is planning on riding in the Livestrong challenge this year with some pretty inspiring people in honor of a dear friend and in hopes to raise money for cancer research.

This year I want to be strong!!!

What is your word?

Camille, my 7-year-old,  took my picture. I am hoping that muscle is seen soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment