Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

the dirty, nasty truth

one day last week, i came home to find two heaping piles of orange cat barf on my living-room carpet. now, normally i would have pretended to ignore it in hopes of my precious husband finding it and cleaning it up for me, but it was much too early in the day and way too gross to ignore. i cleaned it up right away.

and few hours later, i discovered a strange smell coming from our pantry. like a bloodhound, i sniffed around trying to pinpoint the aroma and then i discovered it coming from a bag of potatoes. as i lifted up the bag, brown juice revealed a rotten juicy mess. as i cleaned that pile up, i realized that cheeto, our cat, must have smelled the bad potatoes and then proceeded to hurl onto carpet.

thinking the nastiness was behind me, i began to organize and clean things out upstairs, which included my daughter's room. i began to help her narrow down her purse collection. she quickly picked several purses that she no longer uses, but i insisted on us cleaning out the ones she does use. 

she has this one gold bag in particular that she carries around a lot. to my surprise, it was fully loaded!!! i looked into the bag and my mind began to reveal the fact that my daughter was an actual trash lady. it was so bad! there were cracker crumbs, trash, broken pieces of metal, cracker crumbs, and other strange things. did i mention cracker crumbs? one purse actually had gum stuck to the lining where she had planned to peal off and chew later. (i'm not kidding)

needless to say, we had a long talk. while cleaning out each purse, i explained that she is my daughter and she can't be this gross, i won't let her carry around a bag of trash everywhere, and for goodness sake... no more gum!

i cleaned up some very yucky things that day, but those purses put a chill in my spine. who knew an 8-year-old girl could be such a serious hoarder! :)




2 comments:

  1. haha! This is too funny :) - and I think the purse you're talking about is the gold one I gave her?? That makes it even funnier!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete