Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

thankful thursdays...

i'm thankful that...

"...we are family"
 *
i am a young mom, with two children, married to her high school sweetheart. one thing about me that i think is pretty obvious...my family is very important to me!!!
*
my husband and i have chosen how we want our family to look like. we have our own traditions, our own rules, and our own discipline.
*
we both have great parents, but we don't do everything the way they did. we might have each taken a few things we really liked from our own childhood traditions, but a lot of what we do has our own flavor.
 *
individual families can look different without anyone else being right or wrong. don't be afraid to make your own rules. stick to your guns on things that are very important to you. never let anyone on the outside make you feel guilty for doing something that you feel is important for your children.
(as long as you aren't causing them any harm of course)
*
end the end, what comes around goes around. our own children will then get to decide what will work for their families. we get to impact them today and then support them tomorrow.
 *
i am so thankful for our own unique family flavor :)

1 comment:

  1. "i am a young mom, with two children, married to her high school sweetheart." Hey me too...well except I don't know about the "young" part, I'm starting to feel old. :)

    "we get to impact them today and then support them tomorrow." I love this! Great post.

    ReplyDelete