Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

october 16, 1999

this past sunday, october 16th, marks a special day for me.

it was the day when my high-school sweetheart proposed to me.

it is hard to believe that happened 12 years ago, 
but i remember the special moment like it was yesterday.


during a church outreach event at longer park in luling texas, a very nervous 20-year-old grabbed the microphone from his father and asked for me to come up on stage with him. grinning ear to ear, i met him on stage knowing very well that he was about to ask me something very important. he read aloud the famous proverb found in chapter 31 of the bible. it describes the virtuous woman and he spoke it to me. he then placed his bible on the ground and knelt on it while presenting me with my engagement ring. he promised that the word of god would be the foundation of our marriage, and he has kept his promise all these years.

of course, i said yes.

this goes on record as one of the biggest surprises of my life 
(right next to finding out i was pregnant for the first time).

my family was there, friends were there, and even strangers including a group of motorcyclists that just happened to be passing by.

he did this not because he enjoys to speak in front of people. he hates it, actually. he did it for me. 
he did it to prove how much he loves me. 
 *
thank you chad for choosing me and for loving me despite the fact that i haven't come close to becoming the virtuous woman that you deserve. i'll keep working at it! love you with all my heart and always will!




1 comment: