Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

never stand under a window washer!!!

my arrival to work this morning was very ordinary; however, entering the building was anything but ordinary.

as i turn the corner, i see a window washer up on the fourth floor right above the entry door.

i stop right in my tracks and watch in amazement at how someone could actually have the nerve to do that for a living. it looks terrifing to me!

he notices me and then immediately apoligizes for the inconvience. then he insists that i enter the building as he tries to stop the rain of soapy water from showering down below.

i hesitate at first, but then i decide to try my best and hurry despite the fact that my badge is always super slow at unlocking the door.

as a child ducking the cold water under a sprinkler, i approach the door and start swipping the stupid badge like a crazy person. staring at the red light in hopes of it changing to green soon, i realize that this water is not going to stop dripping!

just then, i hear him say, "oh man!" then...CRASH!!!

he dropped his squegee and he didn't even give me a proper heads up! needless to say, i jumped back, screeched a little, and then began double-time on my badge! it scared me to death!

i then began imagining him daggling on an unraveling rope overhead like a cartoon anvil. i had seen this scene a thousand times in my childhood and i know how it ends. i had real fear that i could die in a matter of seconds!

i started thinking he could have planned this whole thing in an attempt to kill the next sucker that walked by when, "click" the door finally opened and i was safe from the window washer murderer!

after feeling like i had just starred in some quirky sitcom, i thanked God that i survived that tramatic experience. i was a little irritated with that man and hoped he had to climb down and get his stupid squegee.

but, in a matter of seconds, i heard him at our windows wiping away. he must keep a spare.


No comments:

Post a Comment