Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

October 15

Home is where the heart is...
During the summer, I keep a watering can outside my front door so that I can wash my bare feet before walking back into my house. I really don't like dirty feet, and I don't like dirt tracked into my house. We always take our shoes off as to keep the carpet nice and clean.

One thing that is nice is that when we come into the house of God, we don't have to take our shoes off. We don't have to clean up. We don't even have to be on our best behavior because God knows us all to well. We are welcome in His home at any time, wearing anything, tracking in whatever is on us!

Jacob woke up from his sleep. He said, "God is in this place - truly. And I didn't even know it!" He was terrified. He whispered in awe, "Incredible. Wonderful. Holy. This is God's House. This is the Gate of Heaven." Genesis 28:17

No comments:

Post a Comment