Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

October 18


The Peace We Need

Psalm 23: 2 You have bedded me down in lush meadows, you find me quiet pools to drink from.

Sheep are very skittish animals. The only way they can get comfortable to lay down is if they feel totally secure in their surrounds. Likewise, they don't like fast flowing water either and they spend their day looking down for food.

David's psalm shows another beautiful picture of how God takes care of us. He calms us, leads us to lush meadows, and quiet waters.

I find myself similar to these sheep from time to time. Sometimes I can be worrywart and have anxiety. There have been times that I just can't relax or even get to sleep. I think what we all can learn from the scripture is that God is taking care of us. With His love and protection, we can find the peace we need. He will supply us with abundance and his provision will enable us to relax. We are not on our own. Our shepherd is watching over us. He will take care of us. Find that peace that you need in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment