Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

October 30

The story of the lost coin
Luke 15: 8-10
"Or imagine a woman who has ten coins and loses one. Won't she light a lamp and scour the house, looking in every nook and cranny until she finds it? And when she finds it you can be sure she'll call her friends and neighbors: 'Celebrate with me! I found my lost coin!' Count on it - that's the kind of party God's angels throw every time one lost soul turns to God."

When first reading this, I didn't quite get it. Now days, if I drop a coin, it is not worth the searching and looking; however, back when this was written, the coin was referring to a day's wage! Now that is worth some searching on my part.

The point of this story is to show the search! There is a lot of detail in describing how hard the woman is looking for the ONE coin that is lost.

You count! You matter! All of heaven rejoices when someone reaches out to God! Like I mentioned yesterday, people are important! They are valuable!

No comments:

Post a Comment