Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

October 7

Discount Roses
So, back in May when I was deciding what to plant in a newly dug up flower bed that I slaved over, I headed over to Wal-Mart for a hunt on discount flowers. I really wanted some bright pink knock-out rose bushes but didn’t have a lot of money to work with. I was going to look around with an open mind. As I was looking, I found discounted rose bushes just as I had hoped!!! I was so excited and loaded them up and cut up my arms doing so! Even though I was bleeding at the time, I had high hopes for my flower bed. I was already imagining looking out my window seeing the bright pink and feeling so happy! After getting some more plants that I liked and had pictured for the space, I went to the checkout line. The unhappy clerk working that day made a comment about my rose bushes. She said, “I could tell those were the discount roses because they look like ----!” I was a little offended by the comment, but just smiled and shook it off.
She couldn’t see the potential in those roses like I could. They looked like that because they treated them like that! I was rescuing them!!! I knew all they needed was some love, attention, food, and water and they were going to be beautiful again.

God sees the potential in each one of us! He knows what were capable of doing and becoming. The rose bushes I chose are perfect for the climate we live in. They are hardy and will bloom year round! I will enjoy them for many years to come! They are absolutely beautiful . . . just as you are!

Jeremiah 29:11 (The Message)
10-11This is God's Word on the subject: "As soon as Babylon's seventy years are up and not a day before, I'll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Crystal, great new devotion blog! Your roses are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete