Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

October 25

Shut-up?
Ecclesiastes 5:2 (The Message)
Don't shoot off your mouth, or speak before you think. Don't be too quick to tell God what you think he wants to hear. God's in charge, not you- the less you speak, the better.

Growing up, I had to learn to speak up. Once I grew up, I had to learn to "shut-up," for a lack of a better word. I think we have all said things we regret and have been around people wishing they would just relax and be quiet. I think as women, sometimes this scripture is just a challenge even though we know it to be true. Women need to talk; however, it would do us good to think on it for a little while longer before being loud to just be loud. I make it my personal goal to continue my efforts on less speaking...here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment